If you are a researcher who wants to apply for ERC funding, and you think you would benefit from a step-by-step guide through the application and selection processes, and information on how to write a successful ERC proposal, as well as insight into a successful ERC application, this course is for you.
The main idea behind this course is to give every researcher access to information and tips and tricks on how to write a successful ERC proposal, with the hope that in the future, the number of ERC funded projects in countries like Croatia (often referred to as EU13 countries) will increase manyfold.
In this course you will learn:
- what kind of ERC funding possibilities exist,
- how the application process works,
- what happens behind the scenes once your proposal is submitted,
- and what it takes to write a successful ERC proposal.
You will gain access to the
- B1 part of the ERC Starting Grant proposal "CoSMass"
- B2 part of the ERC Starting Grant proposal "CoSMass"
- "CoSMass" interview presentation,
- 45 minute one-on-one online session with me
The instructor, Vernesa Smolčić, is a full professor at the Faculty of Science University of Zagreb in Croatia, and the first holder of an ERC Starting Grant project ("CoSMass", 2014-2019) fully implemented in Croatia. Prior to returning to Croatia in 2013, she has conducted her research at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (Heidelberg, Germany, PhD), Caltech in the United States (1st postdoc), the European Southern Observatory in Germany (2nd postdoc), and various institutes in Australia (visiting fellowships).
During her career she has been awarded over 1.7 million € in grants for her independent research, and she has served in many committees making decisions about funding and telescope time allocations to researchers.